I don’t see the Google VR Icon on the video in YouTube on my device.
- Be sure to you have updated your device with the latest version of the YouTube app.
- iPhone must have iOS 7 or higher
- Android must have 4.1 or higher
Why is the video blurry?
Make sure your internet connection is the strongest possible and that the video has had time to buffer
In the settings icon of YouTube make sure you are at a quality of 1080p minimum or higher if possible
If on a smartphone device you will have to be connected to WiFi in order to utilize this setting
If it is still blurry, check to make sure your viewer lenses and/or phone screen is clean
Ensure that your device is centered in the viewer. Look through the lenses and adjust your device with the dividing line on the center of your screen.
Make sure the your phone is securely in tray to prevent the smartphone from tilting.
If the above steps fail, please remove your phone case.
Do I need a certain type of phone and/or operating system to view virtual reality video through the cardboard viewer?
- The VR viewer works with most modern smart phones up to 6”.
- Android devices must be running Android 4.1 or above. iPhone devices must be running iOS 7 or above. Additionally, you must have YouTube version 11.19 installed. For the best viewing quality, make sure to have a strong WiFi connection and adjust your settings to 1080p or higher.
The video is not playing.
- Make sure you have a good WiFi or data connection on your phone - smartphone
- Make sure you are connected to the internet - desktop
- If video is on pause, please press play
I’m stuck in Google VR mode.
- Click on the ← in the top left side of the screen (only for smartphone devices)
I have no sound.
- Make sure sound on your device is fully on or mute is not activated on the video player
- Use headphones for a full 360 and immersive experience
Can I watch the video without a VR viewer?
If you choose the smartphone option, or you are watching the app on your Tablet, you can move around the image by moving the device with your hands
Using a VR Viewer gives you the best Virtual Reality experience, but it is still possible to watch the videos on your desktop through YouTube. Instead of moving your head and device, you navigate through the film by using your mouse or on-screen navigation arrows.
Viewer doesn’t fit my head.
- Use the straps on the viewer to adjust it to best fit your head
- If you wear glasses you may need to remove them if the viewer doesn’t fit over it